On Thu, 17 Nov 2016, Ondřej Surý wrote:

Again, you are using unfair arguments. The devices have to cope with that and it doesn't have to be a protocol design.

Agreed. It can also be method design. There have been some suggestions in this thread for ways to handle the problem. I have not seen any that is actually an RFC, preferrably a BCP type document that descibes the problem and suggests how it can be handled.

Or is there a document I have missed I can point vendors and IETF people to, to understand and handle this DNSSEC property (that doesn't seem to be well known, I talked to several people this morning who had no idea this DNSSEC limitation existed).

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swm...@swm.pp.se