On Sun, Mar 10, 2019 at 03:48:52PM +0900,
 Warren Kumari <war...@kumari.net> wrote
 a message of 281 lines which said:

> I think it would be very valuable to not conflate DNS-over-HTTPS
> (the protocol) with the "applications might choose to use their own
> resolvers" concerns.

I fully agree.

Applications using their own resolver is Bad, IMHO, but 1) it is
unclear what the IETF can do since it is outside of the protocol field
(may be documenting our concerns?) 2) it has little to do with DoH.

> Someone (it may have been Vittorio Bertola) coined the term DNS-over-Cloud
> (DoC)

Bert Hubert
<https://blog.powerdns.com/2019/02/07/the-big-dns-privacy-debate-at-fosdem/>

> 3: "resolverless DNS",

I personnaly don't agree with "resolverless DNS". There *is* a
resolver, just not the "usual" one.

> Also, I think that this topic would be better discussed in the DNSOP
> WG -

Again, I fully agree, since it is not DoH-specific.