> On Mar 9, 2019, at 10:48 PM, Warren Kumari <war...@kumari.net> wrote:
>
> Also, I think that this topic would be better discussed in the DNSOP WG -
> the DoH charter (https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/doh/about/
> <https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/doh/about/>) talks about:
> "The primary focus of this working group is to develop a mechanism that
> provides confidentiality and connectivity between DNS clients (e.g., operating
> system stub resolvers) and recursive resolvers."

I agree with this (and everything else you said).

The new topics that are coming up all seem like they’d fit better in DNSOP or
DPRIVE.

I see promise in DoH for the ways it might (eventually) change our technology
options to better make use of the (much larger than DNS) investments in
infrastructure for HTTP (and HTTP/2,3, …).

The “DoC” / policy / operational work is important, but I don’t understand
what’s DoH specific about it.

Ask