> On Sep 20, 2019, at 5:17 PM, Puneet Sood <pune...@google.com> wrote:
>
> Since the consensus is that the EDEs are purely diagnostic, it would
> be good to reiterate that at the end of this paragraph.

For the record, while that was "diagnostic" was my take on the purpose
of these codes, reading other responses, I am not sure that's yet the
consensus view...  I could also live with these being actionable,
provided the text is then more clear on how to do that correctly.

If the actions based on these codes are arbitrary choices for each
implementation, with not even a clear correspondence with associated
RCODEs, that feels like too much rope to me...

--
        Viktor.