On Fri, Apr 29, 2022 at 10:05:10PM +0200, Benno Overeinder wrote:
> Hi Lars, WG,
>
> On 29/04/2022 12:54, Lars Eggert wrote:
> > On 2022-4-29, at 0:30, Cindy Morgan <cmor...@amsl.com> wrote:
> > > The rest of this is a bit of a tangle, and I've referred it to the IESG
> > > for further guidance on what steps the Secretariat should take next.
> >
> > the IESG is reviewing what has happened.
> >
> > (My personal first impression is that this might be a case where a
> > contributor intended to revive an expired document by a different set of
> > authors, and was unsure how to best go about this.)
>
> This is indeed how the DNSOP chairs see it and have guided the (new set of)
> authors in this way.  We have also asked Haisheng to contact the secretariat
> to correct the situation as we cannot withdraw individual drafts or change
> status.

With the way this is worded, is it accepted practice for the names of
authors of a document to be removed to make way for another set of
authors?

The fact that the document is expired or not is a different matter.

The copyright notice on the document says:

   Copyright (c) 2022 IETF Trust and the persons identified as the
   document authors.  All rights reserved.

By way of this, by removing the names of authors, isn't the copyright
notice attributed to the (original) document authors also being removed?

Clearly the text is not copyright of the new authors in this document:

https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-hsyu-message-fragments-00.txt

                Mukund