Brian Dickson wrote on 2022-07-31 13:46
On Sun, Jul 31, 2022 at 11:54 AM Paul Vixie wrote:

    https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/plpmtud/about/

(I would note that the above wg is "status: closed".)

don't we all just love it when something reaches successful conclusion?

    i suggest further reading and perhaps reconsideration. we've got to
    break out of the MTU 1500 jail some day or the internet will end in
    header processing related heat death. some work is being done and some
    results are already known. we should be open to the possibility of
    improvement.

If there is interest in pursuing DNS-specific methods for learning and using path MTU values, where would the right venue for that be?

Concrete suggestions on the subject itself:

none of that is on-topic for the draft being considered on-thread.

Having said all that, I still am in favor of preventing UDP fragmentation, regardless of the MTU used, and support this draft.

tyvm.

--
P Vixie