Keith, yes you’ve misunderstood. I’ve added some info in your note below.
-Jean

On Sun, 16 Oct 2022 at 04:05 Keith N. McKenna <keith.mcke...@comcast.net>
wrote:

> Jean;
>
> I seem to be misunderstanding your instructions as I cannot seem to
> replicate what you did.
>
> Here are the steps I took:
> 1. Right-click the TOC
> 2. Click the Entries tab

3. Highlight level 1 and click hyperlink

No - go to the *Structure* line, click in the first white space, then click
Hyperlink. You should now see LS (link start) in  that place.

> 4. Highlight level 10 and click hyperlink

No - stay on the *Structure* line. Go to the LAST white space (after the #
field) and click Hyperlink. You should now see LE (link end) in  that
place.