> The site is up and running. I've copied the html code using ctrl-U
> facility on Firefox. There doesn't seem to be anything else untoward on
> it and no other scripts - that is except for spelling and other sloppy
> mistakes, besides a "mail to" link pointing at a non-existant mailbox!
>
> What they have to do is obtain control and ownership of the domain or
> abandon it hope it won't do too much harm and set up another one.
> David
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 13:34:15 +0100
> From: "Robert Bronsdon" <reash...@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Dorset] HTML/PHP script
> To: "Dorset Linux User Group" <dorset@mailman.lug.org.uk>
>
> On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 13:28:28 +0100, David Stanton <davi...@ntlworld.com>
> wrote:
>
>> The site is up and running. I've copied the html code using ctrl-U
>> facility on Firefox. There doesn't seem to be anything else untoward on
>> it and no other scripts - that is except for spelling and other sloppy
>> mistakes, besides a "mail to" link pointing at a non-existant mailbox!
>
> Is it a static website or is there php code running in the background? If
> there is dynamic code running in the background you will NOT capture this
>  from firefox.
>
>> What they have to do is obtain control and ownership of the domain or
>> abandon it hope it won't do too much harm and set up another one.
>
> If they have paid for the domain then they should request full control of
> the domain, specifically the login to the registrar.
>
> They will then need new hosting and point the DNS entry to this new server.

Looking at the code for all 5 pages of the site:

- the word "script" appears only on the line I quoted with the link to
the external site:

(> script src=http:  //maverick £££ monkey.com/widgets/.htaccess.    php
></script>

however this line appears on each page

- the suffix ".php" appears only on that line and in connection with an
enquiry form:-

> <form action="form-processor.php" method="post">

>   <input type="text" size="20" name="name">
etc

Nor could I see anything unusual in the .css page they are using.

How could one tell if there is php code running in the background?

Thanks again!

David

--
Next meeting: Bournemouth, Wed 2010-04-07 20:00
http://dorset.lug.org.uk/     http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2645413