** Simon O'Riordan <voluntar...@btopenworld.com> [2010-05-04 02:55]:
> On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 02:30 +0100, Simon O'Riordan wrote:
> > 1)Takes longer to boot up
> > 2)Boot up sequence looks like a chinese-made plastic toy. Crap.
> > 3)Uninstalls opencv, cannot reinstall. My vision demos no longer work.
> > 4)Breaks video. Cheese doesn't work.
> > 5)Laptop sound issues not improved.
> > 6)Rhythmbox opens on 'UbuntuOne' page.
> > 7)Left-handed controls installed by default.
> > 8)Menus difficult to use.(Split buttons on right).
> > Why why why oh why? What is 10.04 for? To keep Vista company? To join
> > the Microsoft World Order by being lousy?
> > No thanks.
> > When they come for my desktop I'll say "Nyet!"
> >
> Oh, and it uninstalls Flash. It doesn't seem to be able to reinstall it.
> So you have to put in one of those marvellous amateur-night jobs where
> you have to press a 'play' button and then the Flash animation goes
> round in ever-decreasing circles until it catches itself up and
> disappears up its own arse.
>
> What are they putting in the Canonical canteen tea these days?
** end quote [Simon O'Riordan]

On my HP Mini 2133 netbook all went well:

1) On mine it is notably quicker.
2) Given 1) above I've not really seen much of it! I did notice the word Ubuntu
with some dots underneath, but miss it on most boots!!
3) Can't comment, not used it.
4) Cheese is working nicely on my machine.
5) Not sure as I have any, at one point I thought it vanished once in a while,
but not sure it does now.
6) Not a big user on my netbook, not overly worried.
7) I like the new icons, giving the position a chance, not the end of the world
for me, in spite of 20 years or so of using them on the right!
8) Lost me here, which menus.

Personally I'm quite liking it. It also now works with my 3 dongle without
patching :)

As for flash, I noted that I didn't have flash, but wasn't 100% sure I had it
installed. After a quick look around I installed the package adobe-flashplugin
and everything works smoothly now with Adobe Flash 10.

Clearly you didn't have a smooth update, for my mileage it would be worth a bit
of investigation and bug reporting.