Hi

I'm trying to get started on evaluating gcc for generating m68k code for embedded targets. I'm using Debian 5.0 but can pull in more recent gcc source if required. I've spent a few hours Googlin' around and have some initial questions, if anyone on the list has experience using gcc as a cross-compiler.

What's multilib and how does it fit in with newlib (which I gather I need to build for a different target)?

Do I need to do a specific gcc build for m68k (I'm assuming yes, but confirmation would be nice!).

I assume I also need to build binutils for m68k too?

Cheers

Tim

--
Next meeting:  Blandford Forum, Tuesday 2010-09-07 20:00