Hi Dan

On 07/09/10 12:52, Dan Dart wrote:
Hi,

I'm surprised newlib is in use here at all. Did you choose it, and if so why?

Yes, because at this stage I don't know any better. This is all totally new territory for me.

I'm not a newlib buff so I won't know about how it's awesome quite yet
I'm afraid.

If all else fails, check out buildroot as it can probably make you a
toolchain, plus a load of userspace stuff, based on µClibc/busybox.

Um, my target system has a grand total of 8K of RAM and 128K of flash. Actually that answers your first question - newlib is suitable for embedded systems without any OS, which I what I have here.

Cheers

Tim

--

Next meeting:  Blandford Forum, Tuesday 2010-09-07 20:00

Next meeting:  Blandford Forum, Tuesday 2010-09-07 20:00