"R. Ton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
I'm finally digging into a TR-4C I bought used some time ago.  It "worked
fine" when it was shipped here, but I haven't been able to get any power out
of the transmitter.  It at least oscillates -- I can hear it on a receiver
in the same room.

Starting at the beginning...

The manual says to adjust the bias on the AC-4 so that the plate meter reads
.1 amp.  This is with the sideband switch counter-clockwise and the xmtr
gain all the way down.  The meter seems to read about .025 in receive and
goes up just a little when the rig is switched to CW.  Adjusting the bias
has no effect on the plate meter, but it does indeed adjust the bias
voltage.  Setting it to -60 volts is no problem, but I'm unable to get any
"real" plate current no matter what I do.  Any ideas?

I haven't done anything to the radio since I got it except spray the
switches with Deoxit D5 and replace R45 (2 ohms -- plate meter shunt
resistor!!).  This resistor was fried in half.

What am I in for?

Many thanks in advance!

73, Rob (KFØRT)