Karl Corder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang

After having my current antenna removed due to a
proposed house addition,
I am ready to Install another antenna, but would like
for it to be
a "optimum antenna "so I don't have to keep
experimenting
ie. fooling around with them.

Would really like Drake users recommendations,
opinions, comments
 for a all band (160 through 10 meter) Antenna i.e.
low VSWR,
broad band, house and neighborhood friendly, and be
able to take output from a TX4 LB4 MN2000 set up.

Previous experience has been: not much luck with
verticals However
     it could have been my fault as I never had more
than 8 radials,
     and no attention to decent grounding.

A Recent excellent antenna presentation at the
Rochester Radio club
     talked only on Verticals this was due to their
low angle of radiation.
     Several verticals were mentioned specially the
AV-18HT, However
     no had one.

I know this isn't an antenna net but it's the only net
I use and Drake
folks on this net seem to be very knowledgeable.

Thank you -Karl WA2OVJ