Hi Mike,

I am not sure how much demand there would be for such a supply. AC-4s are
still fairly plentiful at usually $100 or less here in New England. With
your AC-4R upgrade kit, it make it into a very nice and reliable power
supply with many more years of service in it.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Tom, W1CC

On 10/3/09 2:09 PM, "Mike Bryce" <proso...@sssnet.com> wrote:

> Guys and gals...
>
> This is somewhat a pipe dream.
>
> Just thinking. Would a new state-of-the art power supply for the Trxxx series
> be doable?
>
> Talking about new transformers, improved design, fan cooling, maybe a
> automatic lost of bias shut down.
>
> perhaps more. Same size as the ac4? perhaps smaller?
>
> what would be a doable price?
>
> Not looking at specifics, but think the $250 to $300 range. Perhaps less,
> perhaps more. the determining factor will be a good long lasting transformer
> with improved rating.
>
> so.. input anyone?
>

> Mike, WB8VGE
>
> SunLight Energy Systems
>
> The Heathkit Shop
>
> http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
>
> J e e p
>
> o|||||||o
>
> Note: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number
> of electrons were terribly inconvenienced

Tom Delano
tom_del...@comcast.net