thanks guys for the input...

like I was saying, this is just wishful thinking.

as for the lost of bias voltage. that's bit rougher. A common problem is just having the plug come somewhat loose and you loose the bias. That would require some feedback or sense wire from the rig back to the power supply. Not a doable option

lost of bias at the supply is easier to do. But will require a bit of work. I don't know if the amount of hassle is worth the price of admission.

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o

A man with one clock knows what time it is. A man with two clocks is never sure.