I own and enjoy both.   Drake 4 line and 2B.  Ten-Tec 509, 540, 544, 545, 546,
588.  All except last purchased used of course. Only ones needing work were the
Drakes and the newest Ten-Tec.  The 588 recently revisited the factory for
repair when 3 years old, of course Ten-Tec fixed it quickly but repair cost
more than paid for any of the other rigs listed.  I'm not capable of repairing
the 588.  If any of the old stuff breaks, I'd be forced to fix  myself because
the shipping would cost more than the rig is worth.  One thing about the older
Ten-Tec rigs, many of the failure-prone parts are unobtanium.   So far, the
items that have failed on the Drakes have been easily replaced.