I noticed something several years ago........Ten Tec 's from the Corsair and all models through the Omni VI plus strike a resemblance cosmetically somewhat to the TR7...in that the front panel is made from a single extruded piece of aluminum with a raised horizontal "bar" that divides the top of the front panel where the freq display is,from the bottom section where all the controls are located.
Not exactly the same,but very similar. Even used similar plastic end caps
Coincidence? or was it intentional? Certainly not copied from a offshore radio design, can't recall any Yeacomwoods that resembled the TR7.
Flattery is the most sincere compliment

AD3G