I used to have a B-Line and loved it. Then I got a C-Line and I love it -- it's a keeper for the duration.

On the Ten Tec gear, I picked up a really nice Corsair-II some years back and it seemed to me that it was almost designed to be a C-Line killer. It was a great CW rig with PBT, great filters etc. With the matching power supply and external VFO it was even about the same size as the Drake Twins. What was better than the C-Line was:

1) No tuning up. No big deal for rag chewing but really nice for contests. Especially NAQP where guys constantly ask me to move to another band to work them there.

2) Dual *simultaneous* VFO. With the external VFO you could listen to both VFO frequencies at the same time! This was the greatest feature of all time for working DX. You could listen to the DX on one VFO and the pile-up on the other with no flipping of switches. Truly remarkable feature that I do miss.

3) Unthinkably smooth full QSK.

Hey, I liked the Corsair-II so much I sold it and bought an Omni-VII which I also like a lot (although I do miss that dual simultaneous VFO thing).

But, through it all, the C-Line is still on center stage in my shack. It has more cool factor than any rig I've owned. Ever..

BTW, on the "you'll need the Ten Tec service department" issue I had the old Corsair-II for years and I still have a Centaur amp and the Omni-VII. I needed the Service Department for the bandswitch KNOB on the Centaur amp which gave out after many years. Cost me about $3 including shipping as I recall. Oh wait; that was the Parts Department. Never mind...

73,
Doug, W7KF
http://www.w7kf.com