This isn't an answer to the how to remove the PTO assembly as Garey has
addressed that issue.

This could be thought of as a sidebar to the discoloration of the dial.

I have several Drake radios. My original R-4 (s/n 0065) is very modified (don't
ask) and I believe I purchased it in 1965. I have a T-4X also modified (don't
ask) purchased sometime in the late 60's or early 70's. I also have a couple of
R-4C receivers and a couple of T-4XC transmitters.

Then there's one T-4XB. Over the years, some of these pieces of equipment have
been "shelved."  They have been on a shelf about 6 feet above the basement
floor. The shelf system is about 10-feet from the closest window. The window
has curtains and outside of the window there are evergreens. The exposure to
sunlight is fairly limited. Also, anytime a rig is relegated to the shelves, it
is placed inside a plastic bag to reduce dust intrusion.

Of all the radios I have put the shelf, the T-4XB is the only one to exhibit a
discoloration of the exposed section of the PTO dial.

So, the question comes to mind, is there a difference in the material making up
the dial on the "B-line" versus all of the other Drake lines? Has this
discoloration been noted on other 4-lines by others? How about the 7-line? I
have two TR-7s and they have no discoloration.

Bob K9JU