Bob -

In my experience, it's not a matter of 'A' or 'B' line, just variations within a product line. Some do, some don't. Some lettering comes off with water, some doesn't come off with Go-Jo.

The 7 Line is an entirely different material and doesn't seem to be affected.

Drake 2-B, 2-C/2-NT, 4-A, 4-B, C-Line
and TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

Bob Loving wrote:

So, the question comes to mind, is there a difference in the material making up the dial on the "B-line" versus all of the other Drake lines? Has this discoloration been noted on other 4-lines by others? How about the 7-line? I have two TR-7s and they have no discoloration.

Bob K9JU