Gary: I decided that I couldn’t wait until the end of the week to try the fix,
so I worked on it during lunch.  I soldered the aft gear to the bushing as you
had suggested.  All fixed, works like new.  Thanx again for your trouble and
advice.

Ron: Although the website you pointed me to didn’t lead to the fix, thank you
for taking the time to respond with a good suggestion.  BTW, the TR-7 you sold
me in January 2004 has been running strong, and except for a bad PIN diode the
radio hasn’t so much as hiccupped.

73,

Jim

W2BVM