All,

Well my "luck" or lack thereof continues...  I pulled the 6HS6 and then
referenced my Eico 625.  Of course the 6HS6 isn't mentioned anywhere in any of
the charts I have.  So, based on some results of a search, tested it as a 6AU6
and then a 6HR6.  Former showed "good", latter showed "marginal", neither
showed "short".

So, I guess r61 failed sometime in the past but not the cause of the power
supply going south.  At least I don't need to try finding another 6HS6, my
usual source for tubes shows 6HS6 "out of stock".

I'm certainly old enough to know better, but suppose will just keep checking
tubes as a start while I have the tester out of the cabinet and on the desk.

73, Curt KB5JO