Curt -

The 0A2 is always difficult to test, as most inexpensive testers don't have enough high voltage DC to fire. As I said earlier, I think you have a problem with your Pin 6 of V8 resistance measurement. There is a 6.8k and 6k resistor in series between that pin and the +250 bus. Depending upon ohmmeter polarity, you have either an electrolytic cap or a diode to ground at that point. I rarely use the resistance charts, as they are just too reliable on what meter was used to derive them.

When a resistance check is off, do a reality check by looking at the DC path..

St Charles, IL

Drake 2-B, 2-C/2-NT, 4-A, 4-B, C-Line
and TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

rhule...@comcast.net wrote:
I've checked all of the tubes with my old emission tester, all test "good"
except for the OA2 which lights up but tests bad.  Not sure how valid that is.

And with V8 removed, the resistance at pin 6 is still 15k rather than 90k per
the manual. I'm in process of resistance checking the rest of the tubes.

Sorry for the "stream of consciousness" dialog about this, I'll let all know if
the cause of resistors opening in the power supply and shorting in the rig is ever found.

73, Curt KB5JO