Just don't turn your HA-1 on it's side!

Mercury relays don't bounce!

Drake 2-B, 2-C/2-NT, 4-A, 4-B, C-Line
and TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

Eddy Swynar wrote:

On 2012-01-01, at 7:50 PM, Curt Nixon wrote:

Just picked up a Hallicrafters TO keyer for the vintage desk also.  Same keyer
basically.

*/Hi Curt,/*

I think that the one major difference betwixt the /EICO/& the /Hallicrafters TO/keyer is that very same "...weak link" in the chain that affected mine here, i.e. the /TO/used (I believe) a sealed mercury-wetted keying relay, whereas the /EICO/went with that reed-relay-in-a-field-coil route to achieve its external keying...

I say weak link as no offence to the /EICO/designers, but rather, as a potential source for trouble that may well require the owner's attention at some point in its future...trouble is, if said owner is not all that familiar with the whys & wherefores of reed relays / field coils (my right hand is raised!), then one can through a /LOT/of vexing gyrations & travails in the trouble-shooting process that are simply not necessary...! *: >)*

*/~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ/*