I did not replace any of the other caps at that time, although with the age of
these radios it probably would not be a bad idea. The thing with the cap on the
PS board is that it can cause some strange things to happen when it starts to
fail, which can include unintentional out-of-band emissions.

I recommend that you use caps rated for 105C temperature. Not because it gets
that hot in there, but rather that they are more robust devices and should in
theory last longer.

73

-Jim
NU0C

On Wed, 5 Mar 2014 22:25:03 +0000, Lehman, Rex wrote:

>Hi Jim
>Seen this post on replacing the 220 UF cap on PS bd for the DC to DC converter
>and seen your older messages where you said you recap your TR-7.
>Did you just recap the PS board or did you replace every electrolytic cap in
>the TR-7.
>Just curious as I have one of mine apart and did the PS bd thinking maybe its
>worth it to do all of them.
>Thanks
>WB8TDG
>Rex Lehman
>Office +1.937.490.4474
>rex.leh...@meas-spec.com

“There’s something out of place – let’s go and poke it with a stick.” – The
Doctor, "Amy’s Choice"