On Sat, May 05, 2001 at 01:38:03PM -0400, Zilvinas Valinskas wrote:
> > Am I to understand it that the patch you mention simply sets this value
> > regardless of whether or not it's an option in the BIOS?
>
> No only if you the "lucky" owner of KT7A/KT7A-RAID MB
> (or other similar MB with VT86C688b chipset and host bridge VT8365/8367).
> Do lspci and you'll see if you need ....
>
> I'm one of such "lucky" owners :(

Yeah, I figured out how to use setpci for that.  It didn't help.  So I
popped a TNT2 from my brother's box in here and it DOES work (albeit kinda
slowly, if I'm going to be stuck with it for any length of time I probably
should examine the finances and consider swapping it for a GeForce2 MX if
I can afford to do so..)

The Radeon 64 works fine in windoze in my brother's box (VIA chipset,
Intel chip, Celeron 600ish I think) and I'm going to try it in a BX-based
Linux box to confirm that the Radeon 64 driver works.  I suspect it will,
but in that case the problem is most likely agpgart (I think?  Gareth, can
you think of any other probable causes?)

--
Joseph Carter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                Free software developer

Techical solutions are not a matter of voting. Two legislations in the US
states almost decided that the value of Pi be 3.14, exactly. Popular vote
does not make for a correct solution.
        -- Manoj Srivastava

PGP signature