On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 02:47:27PM +1000, Gareth Hughes wrote:
> > There also appears to be a conflict with the Radeon 64 and the KT133A (or
> > at least the Abit KT7A..)  Nobody so far has been able to confirm it that
> > I've seen, but the problem is documented with workaround for Win00.  Given
> > that I have the same setup, same symptoms, and that people with other
> > Radeon's do not experience problems, it's the only likely cause of
> > problems that has not already been discounted by testing.
>
> What's the workaround?

It's not helpful, that's what it is...

1. Rename ATI's atigart.exe to atigart.ati
2. Install VIA's AGP driver

I can guess for weeks as to the exact nature of the problem (running
assumption is that either the Radeon 64 or the VIA chipset or both are
ever so slightly broken and therefore not compatible together.)

I have the ability to debug this over ssh now, but that's not enough since
it seems to lock up the bus.  I'm really hoping that when Radeon PCI is
supported for Intel/AMD that the necessary glue to let me use AGP card
with PCI accesses can be applied since it would neatly bypass the whole
mess and is more likely to make this combination work faster.

Someone at VIA undoubtedly knows the exact nature of the AGP compatibility
and how to work around it, but I haven't managed to find a contact yet.

--
Joseph Carter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                Free software developer

* Omnic looks at his 33.6k link and then looks at Joy
* Mercury cuddles his cable modem.. (=:]

PGP signature