On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 08:19:46PM +0000, David Johnson wrote:
>    Sure, that is a valid point but we need to remember that in the past
>    ATI has not been adverse to supporting open source drivers or to
>    releasing specs to qualified people.
They are very friendly actually. They provided me mach64 and r128 docs (under
NDA) within 24 hours after I registered with them (last week). Although I must
confess I've been recommended, it still shows that they are completely OK. I
don't see any problems on the communication level, perhaps now that less
people get paid for developing the drivers the pace will slow down, but not
stop.

What developers can do is to recommend ATI cards to end-users, so there is
larger need for the drivers and larger chance someone would be willing to pay
for them.

Bye,

Peter Surda (Shurdeek) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, ICQ 10236103, +436505122023

--
               Dudes! May the Open Source be with you.