Perhaps this will solve some questions about what happens when the
system craches when i run glxgears. After close inspection of the screen
i get aftewards i have been able to make out the following by trying to
combine the symbols in the "two" windows. But don´t trust the numbers or
any details for that matter since it is extremely hard to read the small
letters in the console or whatever it is. The numbers might be very
wrong since it is much harder (impossible?) for me to connect them in
the same way i can with the letters that build words, but perhaps they
can tell you something.

Vector 800 at pc - d58fb02c , lr -d58fb64
mxr - 9032, xp -42000000
current - c99fc000, pid - 1077, comm -glxgears
mon>

When i type "?" the following menu rolls up:

d     dump bytes
di    dump instructions
df    dump float values
dd    dump double values
e    print exception information
h    dump hash table
mm    move a block of memory
ms     set a block of memory
md    compare two blocks of memory
M    print system.map
r    print registers
S    print special registers
t    print backtrace
la    lookup adress in system.map
ls    lookup symbol in system.map
x    exit monitor

I tried the backtrace option but it only produced a bunch of numbers and
letters, and since i am not exactly sure if i am able to read them right
i don´t think they are useful for anyone, but if you want me to give it
a try please let me know.

Peter