On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, José Fonseca wrote:

> >> Before attempt to do the above get debug info from the DRM, doing from
> >> a X console as root:
> >> After the computer has crashed send that kmsg.
> >
> > Attached aswell...
>
> There is no kernel oops there. Don't know if the last call there could
> have problems or not.

Jose, I just tried removing agpgart before starting X, and I'm getting a
kernel NULL pointer dereference.  I think it's because we are using
dev_priv->buffers->handle to read the vertex buffers -- for PCI, there's
no DRM_FIND_MAP for dev_priv->buffers and no DRM_IOREMAP for
dev_priv->buffers and therefore no handle.  Is there another way to access
the buffer for PCI (I know you were trying to use buf->address before), or
do we need to initialize the handle another way for PCI?  BTW, I don't
know if this is related to Peter's crash in the dispatch_clear, but it
will come up once that's fixed.

--
Leif Delgass
http://www.retinalburn.net