Michel Dänzer wrote:

>responds to any commands. At least i think i am killing it (i am
>>>>

>>>This is rather strange.. if you can click in the close button that means
>>>that X it's still alive there.. It's still not clear what is failing here..
>>>
>>I was a bit fuzzy in my reply here, i have to press "x" on the keyboard,
>>the x server has definetly got stuck.
>>

>If the app reacts to the button press, that also means the X server is
>still alive. Or where do you do it?

Actually i wish i could answer that. Since the screen freezes and the
upper part of the screen turns into what looks like two small console
windows who are syncronised, eg if i type something it shows in "both
windows". Unfortunatley the font is too small to read, although if i
make an effort i can read some of it, if you are interested i can post
it to you. So i don´t know if the whole X server crashes into console
mode or if an x-term pops up (but that has never happened to me before).

Peter