On 2002.04.25 19:23 Leif Delgass wrote:

> Jose, I just tried removing agpgart before starting X, and I'm getting a
> kernel NULL pointer dereference.  I think it's because we are using
> dev_priv->buffers->handle to read the vertex buffers -- for PCI, there's
> no DRM_FIND_MAP for dev_priv->buffers and no DRM_IOREMAP for
> dev_priv->buffers and therefore no handle.

I see...

> Is there another way to access
> the buffer for PCI (I know you were trying to use buf->address before),
> or do we need to initialize the handle another way for PCI?

I don't know yet how. This makes me want even more to make the PCI coding
more compatible with the AGP/PCI GART one. I think that we should be able
to request individual buffers as well (i.e., in addition, but without
changing drmAddBufs as it's really better to allocate a big number of
buffers there to avoid code duplication), then IOREMAP them as is done
with AGP/PCI GART. The problem is that I don't fully understand linux
memory management enough. I'll keep studying it to find a solution to
this, which I wasn't yet able to do these past 2 days.

> BTW, I don't
> know if this is related to Peter's crash in the dispatch_clear, but it
> will come up once that's fixed.

Yep. I'll start to make mach64-0-0-4-branch snapshots so that the PCI
people (and the others in general) can remain in the loop avoiding
problems afterwards.

> --
> Leif Delgass
> http://www.retinalburn.net