>Try setting MACH64_VERBOSE back to zero in mach64_drv.h:
>
>#define MACH64_VERBOSE          0
>
>...and see if the jerkiness goes away.
>
>Also, could you try this:
>
>set MACH64_USE_DMA back to zero in mach64_drv.h, then change line 539 of
>mach64_state.c from:
>
>if ( mach64_do_wait_for_fifo( dev_priv, 16 ) < 0 )
>
>to:
>
>if ( mach64_do_wait_for_idle( dev_priv ) < 0 )
>
>...and see if you still get a lockup.

This works like a charm! And i never thought the graphics board would be
this fast, i get about 120 fps on glxgears when i used software
rendering i only got about 35-40. I get really smooth working open gl,
but there are some kind of error in the rendering perhaps i could drop
you a screenshot or something...

Thanks for all the help! And please get back to me if you want me to
continue to test the driver on the ppc platform.

Regards

Peter