On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Peter Andersson wrote:

> >Try setting MACH64_VERBOSE back to zero in mach64_drv.h:
> >
> >#define MACH64_VERBOSE          0
> >
> >...and see if the jerkiness goes away.
> >
> >Also, could you try this:
> >
> >set MACH64_USE_DMA back to zero in mach64_drv.h, then change line 539 of
> >mach64_state.c from:
> >
> >if ( mach64_do_wait_for_fifo( dev_priv, 16 ) < 0 )
> >
> >to:
> >
> >if ( mach64_do_wait_for_idle( dev_priv ) < 0 )
> >
> >...and see if you still get a lockup.
> >
> This works like a charm!

Just to clarify, do you mean both things worked?  If changing the
_wait_for_fifo to _wait_for_idle worked, I think we should keep it that
way so we have stable MMIO to fall back on as we move ahead with DMA
testing.

> And i never thought the graphics board would be
> this fast, i get about 120 fps on glxgears when i used software
> rendering i only got about 35-40. I get really smooth working open gl,
> but there are some kind of error in the rendering perhaps i could drop
> you a screenshot or something...

Sure, a screenshot would help.  Can you describe the problems you see?
What apps are you testing with?

> Thanks for all the help! And please get back to me if you want me to
> continue to test the driver on the ppc platform.

Sure, the more testers the better!  And it would be good to make sure that
ppc and PCI are still working as we continue with DMA.

--
Leif Delgass
http://www.retinalburn.net