> In the previous 0-0-3 branch we almost never messed with the DRM, so it
> was binary compatible between all snapshots. Now is exactly the opposite.
> Nevertheless you shouldn't need to stop X if you're running your distro X.
> You need only if you are running X from a mach64 branch, because in this
> situation the kernel module is being used and the install.sh script will
> surely fail to remove it from memory.
I run ATI.2 drivers from GATOS. AFAIK this should not cause problems,
should it?

> Please check that the mach64.o in the kernel, the mach64_dri.so and the
> ati_{drv,misc}.o files in your system were indeed updated by install.sh
> script. (They path should popup if you run "locate" with their name).
OK. I will do and report.

> Putting the check will take a little more than that (I have a paper
> submission deadline in 1 June and I'm barely starting to do the research I
> proposed to do in that paper, so I'm a great deal of pressure to get
Best luck with this.
> results ASAP), but I can put the DMA by default so that the interested
> ones can try. In the worst case, they can always use the
> mach64-0-0-3-branch.
For me it's OK. I'm just afraid I'm not the only tester in town:)

> PS: Don't remove the working mach64-0-0-3 snapshot that you may have, as
> they will eventually get deleted from the DRI website.
Thanks for warning. BTW, probably it would make sense to move them to
separate directory - so people would know where to look more-less
"stable":) drivers... Also, even after purging, the latest 0-0-3
snapshot would be nice to leave on FTP. Just in case... 1.5M is not very
large volume...

Cheers,

Sergey