On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 11:59:21AM -0700, Mike Mestnik wrote:
> --- Martin Spott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > [... Mike wrote ...]

> > > I have a good start on a Linux DRM update.  [...]
> >
> > > The patch is avaliable http://The Low Bandwidth Server
> > > /~cheako/linux-drm-4.2.0-kernel-2.4.18-patch.gz

> > Has anyone already put this patch onto a server that is widely accessible ?
> > I _like_ trying out useful kernel patches  ;-))

> My dhcp lease has been changing nightly.
> [...]
> Have at it. :)

O.k., I tried it today. Patching was smooth but there's a small nit compared
to the sources Jens provides together with his Radeon binary packages (yep,
I have my Radeon back  ;-))
Unfortunately I'm 'on the road' for a few days so I can't have a look at it
in the near future:

quickstep: 18:43:58 ~> glxinfo | head
libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/radeon_dri.so
drmOpenByBusid: busid is PCI:1:0:0
drmOpenDevice: minor is 0
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is 4, (OK)
drmOpenByBusid: drmOpenMinor returns 4
drmOpenByBusid: drmGetBusid reports PCI:1:0:0
Radeon DRI driver:
        Compatibility mode for DRM driver version 1.1.1
        TCL will be disabled, expect reduced performance
        (prefer DRM radeon.o 1.3.x or newer)
        disabling TCL support
[...]

This is probably a numbering mismatch only, but it _has_ impact on the
performance,

Martin.