--- Jens Owen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Mike Mestnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > *** FIX ME ***
> > *** removing agpgart dependency on radeon ***
> > was the only big change I made.
>
> Was this because the PCI GART functionality was added to the Radeon
> driver?
>
> > Other changes made are numerous updates,
> > 3dlabs GMX 2000 is working now *I hope*,
>
> I didn't see any patches to the gamma* files, what changed for gamma?

In file Config.in:

I took the $CONFIG_AGP away from radeon because of a change in the Make.linux
file (Not included) it was that way and not like the others that had the dep.
I don't know if PCIGART should be released.
as for gamma was removed, now it is not. I'm guessing were leaving it in until
we don't want to.
The patch compiles fine, however I tweaked mga to see if he would compile with
ought AGPGART and I got no errors /w a kernel image.

> > sis renamed to i830 (or one was removed and the other added),
>
> I realize the SiS driver is lagging behind in the current development
> branch and will probably end up with 3D support disabled in XFree86 4.3
> unless SiS can make documentation or engineering bandwidth available.
> However, Thomas Winischhofer has been working hard to keep SiS support
> going wherever possible, and it *might* be premature to remove the DRM
> support for XFree86 4.2 if it still works for that release.
>
> I recommend leaving the SiS support in the kernel, for now.  Also, the
> sis_ds.c patch appears to be reversed.

I double checked, that is that way it is in Alans home dir.

-#include <linux/malloc.h>
+#include <linux/slab.h> /* <-- use this one. */

> > dr{i,m}stat.c added,
>
> I believe these are very old turnon programs that were used primarily
> for DRM development before we had 3D drivers to exercise the DRM.  Since
> there aren't really actual drivers, and they not useful for diagnosing
> current drivers, we should *not* submit them to the kernel.  Perhaps we
> should remove them from the current trunk (i.e. to keep them in the
> Attic).
>
> > ffb_context.c removed.
>
> It looks as if you removed the entire ffb driver.  I recommend leaving
> this driver alone.  It is being maintained by David Miller and he tends
> to submit directly to the Linux kernel, bypassing our repository.
>
> You could merge his driver back into our repository if you are picking
> up other kernel development changes, but it's not really necessary.

OK will do.

> > I do wonder if there are any known bugs that I should fix.  There are major
> > changes in the CVS.  If there is another snapshoot I should use drop me a
> line.
>
> CVS contains the *development* code as we progress towards XFree86 4.3.
> We should focus on releasing stable, tested code to the Linux kernel
> group from the XFree86 4.2 release.
>
> I would encourage you to be cautious about bug *fixing* on this stable
> release.  Even simple fixes can break other things that you may not
> notice, and it will be difficult to reproduce the amount of exposure the
> *stable* code has already received.  However, you can apply bug fixes
> liberally to the trunk of our DRI CVS repository.
No problem.

> Finally, it looks like it would also be a good idea to review and
> possibly move the kernel development changes back into our repository.
> Specifically, I'm talking about changes to the schedule wait queses as
> were done to drm_fops.h; changes to the page allocation in i810_dma.c;
> and any other *new* changes from the kernel development branch.  I
> realize the merge from the kernel repository back to ours is more than
> we originally talked about.  However, it would help keep things
> synchronized as we move forward.  Understanding some of these changes
> isn't as *mechanical*; and we need to make sure any of the changes we
> move back to our repository still compile and work on older 2.4 kernels.
I'll keep that in mind.  Who knows what the future would bring.