> Is there anything reported on /var/log/XFree86.0.log or
> /var/log/messages?
Nothing. In XFree86.0.log there is no word about DRI! I presume it is
because of this 3*screen size restriction.

> >Should this [3 * screen size] be in video memory or total AGP memory
> >would suffice?
> The 3 * screen size restrition refers always on the video memory.
And will it always be the same? 1280x1024/24bpp is ... a bit more than
my humble 8M:(

> Yes. Either start X with gdb or attach gdb after X starts but before
> changing resolution from a remote terminal, e.g.:
> Then reproduce the segfault, i.e., change the resolution in this case,
> the gdb command line should reapper. Type 'bt' and post the result.
OK. I will try.

> I didn't followed you. What do you mean with SW rendering and which two
> situations do the difference in fps refer?
I mean indirect (software) rendering. Mach64 uses it in some situations,
doesn't it? So one can really feel the difference...

Regards,

Sergey