> Strange... When the 3 * screen size is checked an error message is produced and DRI
> is given as disabled in the X log.
Sorry for misinformation. After detailed investigation, I found the
complain. It just was not prefixed with [drm]:))) So I need 13440K:(((((

> Even yesterday Leif and I briefly discussed this on the IRC meeting and
> unfortunately ther seem to be some limitations in Mach64 itself
:((( Why can't you say something nice sometimes?
> regarding this, i.e., as far as we know it's not possible to put none of
> the front back and depth buffer on AGP. So unless we dismiss the back
> buffer I don't see how this restrition will go away. (I don't know how
> Windows copes with this neither - it's something I still have to check).
Is there a way to check in with Windows drivers? It would be very
interesting... Well, about "back buffer" - what would be the penalty of
dismissing it?

> >> Yes. Either start X with gdb or attach gdb after X starts but before
> >> changing resolution from a remote terminal, e.g.:
> >> Then reproduce the segfault, i.e., change the resolution in this case,
> >> the gdb command line should reapper. Type 'bt' and post the result.
> >OK. I will try.
At the moment, I don't have network and second computer but I managed to
find in X log - crash is caused by signal 11. And the situation when it
appears a bit strange. I can safely switch VTs when I run just "X" from
VT1. Even from login screen of gdm I can switch to VT1. But after I log
in into gdm - after this point switching to VT1 causes signal 11. Well,
tomorrow I'll try to use gdb remotely... About changing resolutions:
well, I can do it in most cases. But when vmware changes the resolution
(in full screen mode - AFAIK it does it using DGA, isn't it?) - X
crashes the same way.

> Yes, there are some situations, but they don't depend on the available
> memory and/or screen resolution. So if is this what you were talking
> about then the difference in fps come solely from less texture trashing.
No, I mean they depend on using different GL effects (anti-aliasing,
multi-texturing etc). So in some cases I have HW 3d (and it is
reasonably fast) - but in some "bad" cases glclock switches to SW - and
goes VERY slow.

BTW, playing with different resolutions (Using Ctl-Alt-+/-) I found that
fps in glxgears really depend on resolution. Not too much but still:
800x600 - 267
1024x768 - 259
1280x1024 - 251
Same size, 16bpp. A bit funny, isn't it?

Regards,

Sergey