Thanks guys !

        OK I have been able to give this a try since it was so easy to
install, now for some reason Red and Green behaves OK, but the blue is
stuck to 1.0. so for example in my application:

glColor3f(0.0,0.0,0.0); would give full (?) blue
glColor3f(1.0,1.0,0.0); would give full (?) white

But that might just be my own fault (?) but it shows OK in the Indirect
rendering.

in gltron the grid now shows up in blue and the Textures are terribly
messed (Colorwise) [Anyone here has a proper way to take a snapshot in X
?]

The installer didn't find r128.o when running modprobe. I copied it to the
"proper" place (maybe). and modprobe still didn't find it. but staring X
seemed to be quite happy. I'll fit this DRM right in the kernel tree and
try again.

I wish I had more time to give you a better hand, but at the moment I am
overworked, sorry that's the best I can try for now. I can keep tuning my
GL functions on this DRI and give you the other funny bugs as I don't care
if it's blue or red or whatever for the moment, science data don't mind
;-)

Seeya later.
Phil

PS: now I have to check if this kernel had drm in module or builtin (!) I
might need a brown paper bag ...