On Mon, 2002-07-01 at 18:34, tchiwam wrote:

> Thanks guys !
>
>       OK I have been able to give this a try since it was so easy to
> install, now for some reason Red and Green behaves OK, but the blue is
> stuck to 1.0. so for example in my application:
>
> glColor3f(0.0,0.0,0.0); would give full (?) blue
> glColor3f(1.0,1.0,0.0); would give full (?) white

What happens if you only set one component to 1.0? This could be the
same endianness problem I fixed in the radeon driver recently.

> But that might just be my own fault (?) but it shows OK in the Indirect
> rendering.

Certainly not your fault.

> in gltron the grid now shows up in blue and the Textures are terribly
> messed (Colorwise) [Anyone here has a proper way to take a snapshot in X
> ?]

xwd, xv, ... Though I can probably imagine more or less how it looks. I
was hoping my fixes for this in the radeon driver would also help r128,
but apparently no such luck. Strange though, as I made the fixes in the
Mesa texture functions, and both drivers seem to use the same of those.

One question though, is it broken in both 16 and 32 bit?

> The installer didn't find r128.o when running modprobe. I copied it to the
> "proper" place (maybe). and modprobe still didn't find it. but staring X
> seemed to be quite happy. I'll fit this DRM right in the kernel tree and
> try again.

[...]

> PS: now I have to check if this kernel had drm in module or builtin (!) I
> might need a brown paper bag ...

Don't worry, it's unlikely that direct rendering would have been
possible with the old version of the DRM that came with your kernel.