On Wed, 2002-07-17 at 02:10, Henry Worth wrote:

> Attached are patches for r128 on ppc. Rather little change to the r128 code
> was needed once I gave up on the char arrays for the vertex colors, and
> embraced the hw specific ordered named fields provided in the *_color_t
> provided by t_dd_vertex.h.
>
> 1) Revert PACK*LE from texutil.c as per previous emails.

Thank you for breaking the radeon and mach64 drivers on big endian
machines. ;) We've got to find a better solution here, I must confess I
still don't understand how it can not work with PACK*LE though. Maybe
the HOST_BIG_ENDIAN_EN bit in the DP_DATATYPE register (set in
R128EngineInit() in the 2D driver) is interfering, causing the texture
data to be byte-swapped in the HOST_DATA registers? If so, your changes
should not be really correct for 16 bit anyway. I've been there while
playing with the various possibilities of fixing endianness in the
radeon driver, it looked mostly good but e.g. the floor texture in
armagetron showed the problem.

> 2) t_dd_vbtmp.h has color assignments in the emit functions that use
>     char arrays for non-RGBA without attention to endiness. Changed
>     to use the correctly ordered named fields from the t_dd_vertex.h
> definition
>     of the hw vertex color_t. Added VERTEX_COLOR_T macro so hw
>     driver can pass in its hw vertex *_color_t; so the assignments can be
>     made in correct order. Added macro definition to *_vb.c of the
>     various drivers.
>
> 3) Changed r128_tris.c VERT_* macros for t_dd_tritmp.h to use
>     the named fields instead of an char array.
>
> 4) Added some casts to r128_ioctl.c to eliminate compile warnings.

These look very good to me, I'll commit them. Leif, can you verify they
don't break x86? I'd be very surprised, but it wouldn't be the first
time. :)