On Wed, 2002-07-17 at 20:03, Henry Worth wrote:
> Michel Dänzer wrote:
>

> >AGP has become very stable here since the radeon driver doesn't update
> >the ring write pointer in ADVANCE_RING() but in the new COMMIT_RING().
> >Seems updating it 'too often' is no good, for whatever 'too often' may
> >mean.
> >
> Does this also involve the differences between the radeon_cp_* and
> r128_cce_* functions involving the dirty and discard bits, and
> DMA_COPY_FROM_USER's?

Not sure what you mean exactly, the difference in the ioctl interfaces?
I don't think those are important for stability, the radeon interfaces
were the same as they are now when it was less stable.

> Which versions of the kernel drivers are considered most current, dri
> CVS or kernel.org?

DRI Development happens in DRI CVS.

> Or is some merging possibly needed?

Possibly, but I don't expect anything but fixes for changes in the
kernel and the like in the kernel trees.