>AGP has become very stable here since the radeon driver doesn't update
>the ring write pointer in ADVANCE_RING() but in the new COMMIT_RING().
>Seems updating it 'too often' is no good, for whatever 'too often' may
>mean.

I hate that. It should be fully stable or I would consider it
unuseable :(

On my side, I've temporarily given up trying to understand what was
going on. Does anybody have useful contacts at ATI that could help ?

I have 2 possible ideas:

 - Some athlon-like cache aliasing issues, though I don't think PPCs
do that aggressive prefetch accross page boundaries

 - Some "magic" skew value to set in the chip to compensate for some
bus arbitration issues when mixing AGP master transfers and PCI slave
transfers. Or maybe just disabling some of the AGP features like
Fast Write...

Ben.