> There are sporadic rendering bugs in FlightGear, however.  Every ~40
> frames or so, I'll see a large triangle or two flash on the screen.

Like these ones ?

http://document.ihg.uni-duisburg.de/bitmap/Radeon/Mesa-4.0.4_3.png

I see them all the time at least after take-off and a slight left turn.
There is another effect which might be related:

http://document.ihg.uni-duisburg.de/bitmap/Radeon/Mesa-4.0.4_4.png

Both taken with tonights - in the sense of the words - CVS source,

Martin.