On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 19:31, John P. Looney wrote:
>  Hi, I was using the old Radeon drivers that shipped with a dist-upgraded
> Woody, though they were mostly fine in Quake3, in Wolfenstien, there were
> severe problems with corrupted textures.
>
>  After noting a few people were recommended to upgrade to get rid of these
> problems, I did. To upgrade, I used drm-trunk-module-2.4.18 from debian
> woody.

Huh? Where exactly did you get that from?

> The code seems to be dated Jan 18 2003. I got the .debs via apt
> from http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/dri-trunk/
>
>  When I try Wolfenstien now, it doesn't even start:
>
> Started tty console (use +set ttycon 0 to disable)
> ^5PunkBuster Client: PunkBuster Client (v1.017 | A0) Enabled
> ^3PunkBuster Server: PunkBuster Server (v0.993 | A0 C0.0) **DISABLED**
> Resolving wolfmotd.idsoftware.com
> wolfmotd.idsoftware.com resolved to 192.246.40.65:27951
> Received signal 8, exiting...

This bug should be fixed in the packages for sid at

deb     http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/dri-trunk-sid/        ./

I'll hopefully get around to updating the packages for woody/sarge soon
(once those for sid have settled a bit), in the meantime I think setting
MESA_NO_SSE=1 should serve as a workaround.