On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 12:36:54AM +0100, Michel Dänzer mentioned:
> On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 19:31, John P. Looney wrote:
> >  Hi, I was using the old Radeon drivers that shipped with a dist-upgraded
> > Woody, though they were mostly fine in Quake3, in Wolfenstien, there were
> > severe problems with corrupted textures.
> >
> >  After noting a few people were recommended to upgrade to get rid of these
> > problems, I did. To upgrade, I used drm-trunk-module-2.4.18 from debian
> > woody.
> Huh? Where exactly did you get that from?

 Get which - the code or the recommendation ? The recommendation was from
this list, some months ago, and the code was from the URL below...

> > The code seems to be dated Jan 18 2003. I got the .debs via apt
> > from http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/dri-trunk/

> > Received signal 8, exiting...
>
> This bug should be fixed in the packages for sid at
>
> deb     http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/dri-trunk-sid/        ./
>
> I'll hopefully get around to updating the packages for woody/sarge soon
> (once those for sid have settled a bit), in the meantime I think setting
> MESA_NO_SSE=1 should serve as a workaround.

 I tried that, and got:

wolf.x86: radeon_ioctl.h:165: radeonAllocCmdBuf: Assertion `rmesa->dri.drmMinor >= 3'
failed.
Received signal 6, exiting...

 As soon as I get some broadband, I'll upgrade to sid. I'm still on ISDN
here, so I didn't think upgrading to sid would be a good idea. Can the
source packages for sid be compiled on woody, without much effort ? I'll
give that a go, if it's possible.

John