On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 03:07:57PM +0100, Michel Dänzer mentioned:
> The point is that this is either the wrong (too old) radeon module, or
> the radeon DRM is already built into the kernel (in which case you can
> load another one as a module unfortunately, but clients see the one
> built into the kernel).

 Ah. I should have thought of that!

 OK, I've a rebuild kernel. radeon.o and agpgart.o are modprobed. However,
I get the same error. Is there a method I can use strings or some such to
verify that all the required libraries are matching versions ?

 (Problem being I'm no longer sure what libraries are supposed to be
used).

 glxinfo -v does output;

OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Radeon 20021125 AGP 1x x86/MMX/SSE NO-TCL
OpenGL version string: 1.2 Mesa 5.0

 Is this good ?

John