On 23 Jun 2003 12:17:26 +0200
Michel Dänzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sat, 2003-06-21 at 14:14, Andreas Stenglein wrote:
[snip]

> > +   /* question: shouldn't the following be controlled by the
> > kernelmodule */
> > +   /* and/or Xserver-configuration if it can crash the card? */
> >     else if (getenv("RADEON_TCL_FORCE_ENABLE")) {
> >        fprintf(stderr, "Enabling TCL support...  this will probably
> > crash\n");
> >        fprintf(stderr, "         your card if it isn't capable of
> > TCL!\n");
>
> Why? :)
>
> I do wonder if trying to enable HW TCL makes sense though, there was a
> bit of confusion about TCL support on the various chips at the time.
> Maybe we can clean this up with the new config infrastructure.

I guess the point is that it's dangerous if a DRM client can do
something that will lock up the box.

On the config-0-0-1-branch there are currently still two TCL-related
options for the radeon driver: use_tcl and force_tcl. If you say
force_tcl is deprecated we could just drop it.

[snip]

Felix

 Felix       ___\_e -_/___/ __\___/ __\_____   You can do anything,
   Kühling  (_____\Ä/____/ /_____/ /________)  just not everything
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]       \___/   \___/   U        at the same time.