Michel Dänzer wrote:
On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 16:34, Keith Whitwell wrote:
[SNIP]

To XFree86? Well, that's another question.

That sounds more negative than I wanted. Basically, after the drivers are living in Mesa cvs, we could well end up just submitting patches to XFree86 for the rest - but that would be giving up a significant amount of control. Probably we'd always want to maintain an xc/ tree somewhere for infrastructure work.

Some of us have write access there already, but I agree that access for
all active developers would be very important if not a requirement.

Also, as I have mentioned before, I think it might be a good idea to
keep the DRM separate from the rest, but sf.net might do for that.

If you are worried about access issues, why ask dawes for a seperate CVSROOT on xfree86.org which you controlled access to? The nice thing about xfree86.org is that it has anon ssh & cvsup access in addition to the traditional pserver. Plus, sourceforge's almost constant congestion for anon access is really starting to tick off those of us trying to track HEAD.

Cheers,
Nicholas